Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £26800.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Title: Test Technician
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: R&D Assemblies
Position based at: Birmingham Business Park (After a short period in Lincoln)
Our client has been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing Power Module and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining this leading technology company as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue with a major growth investment in the Birmingham area.
To support this growth plan, we are looking for a Test Technician to join the R&D Centre. - This new centre will be situated in Birmingham. Successful candidates will be comfortable with travel to Lincoln in the first two months until the brand new and industry-leading design and development complex is up and running in Birmingham.
This role will be working with test and validation engineer to do the automotive power electronics products test
including but not limited to test setup, test implementation, test data record, and test equipment maintenance
- Setup the test including cable connection, jig and test unit installation.
- Operation of test equipment, and test implementation according to test specification, equipment
- operation instruction
- Record test data and feedback to related engineer
- Maintenance of test equipment, jig etc.
- Responsible for the management and clean preparation of lab area
- Support with other jobs on request.
- Responsible for analysis of the causes of the defective product and formulate corrective and preventive methods
Core Skills and Education
- Diploma in subjects of Electronic Information, power electronics, electrical automation, computer
- 2 years and above of electronics products test experience
- Familiar with electronics product test
- Familiar with health and safety requirements and related legislation
- Proficiency in Office software
- Effective communicator with colleagues and external parties
If you are interested in joining the pioneering EV development team, apply now or send your CV