£25.04 - 25.04 per hour
12 months ago
A Test Rig Design & Analysis Engineer is required to join an OEM in Gaydon.
The design, analysis and delivery of mechanical test rig designs in support of vehicle programme testing activities within the Build & Test Operations function. The position will lead and or execute projects from concept through to final delivery.
- Expert user of Catia V5 within a mechanical design environment. Capability: solid modelling (parts and assemblies), 2D drawing generation. Some knowledge of Catia V6 would also be desirable.
- Excellent mechanical engineering knowledge including material selection, bearing selection, mechanisms, bolted joints. Knowledge of CAE methodology for design validation
- Project management skills with the ability to lead projects from concept through to final delivery.
- Expert Catia V5 and Team Center within a mechanical design environment - Solid Modelling (parts and assemblies), 2D drawings.
- Excellent mechanical engineering knowledge including material selection, bearing selection, mechanisms, bolted joints.
- Knowledge of CAE methodology for design validation.
- Knowledge of vehicle packaging.
- Knowledge of physical testing methodologies relating to the structural testing of chassis and body components and assemblies.
- Project management skills with the ability to co-ordinate projects from concept through to final delivery.
- Ability to create and interpret 2D drawings for manufacture of test rig fixtures.
- Good communication skills.
- JLR/Ford attended Catia V5 and Team Centre training - desired but not essential.
- JLR attended Catia V6 training - desired but not essential.
- Ability to manage priorities, identify issues and solutions using own initiative, coupled with a desire to make a difference and achieve results.
A Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or equivalent.
This position has been deemed to be INSIDE IR35
Location: Based at Gaydon (possible travel to Whitley required).
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.