Test Planner/Engineer - 34995 - up to £20.31/hr - Vehicle Engineering
Vehicle Engineering Management is an incredibly diverse and stimulating department, and it is responsible for delivering the key characteristics that define the entire vehicle. It covers vehicle attributes such as aerodynamics, off-road capability, connected car, safety, sustainability, durability and other customer-focused measurable that characterise each vehicle.
Vehicle Engineering Management lead the development and strategy of individual vehicle lines from the product starting point through all the development stages and press launch to full-vehicle production, ensuring all attributes are developed and delivered by utilising the appropriate technologies to a world-class standard. Vehicle Engineering enable vehicle development and sign-off through utilising leading facilities and systems.
Working as a Test Planner within our Vehicle Engineering department, you will take ownership of creating & co-ordinating Test and Development plans, creating the prototype vehicle specifications and supporting builds & build meetings across our Saloon and SUV platforms.
You'll coordinate software updates with the vehicle users, including rig and test kits and you will need to understand core system changes and their impact on the Test Plan. You will analyse vehicle requirements from across the business, liaising with requestors and presenting accurate findings to senior management.
3 KEY SKILLS
- High levels of drive and ability to work under pressure are essential. Able to deliver with minimum supervision
- Good personal, organisation & planning skills
- Experience of working within the Automotive Industry
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills (MS Office) are essential
- Worked within the Automotive Industry
- Challenge engineering teams
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.