£Competitive plus benefits
A Test Manager is required to lead the manufacturing test department to achieve targets and internal metrics, and meeting the requirements agreed in the production slot plan. Candidates with experience of continually improving test productivity using metrics would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a leading provider of microscope solutions in the life sciences and materials research market based in Cambridge, requires a proactive Test Manager to ensure that test procedures are followed correctly and any improvements or required changes are communicated to Process Engineering. As a Test Manager you will be required to:
- Plan, lead and manage the Test department to achieve targets defined by the slot plan
- Manage the Test processes to ensure all takt dates are adhered to in accordance with the slot plan requirements
- Support Process Engineering in continually improving the test processes to ensure productivity is maximised and quality standards are maintained
- Track and update performance and quality measures and regularly review with Process Engineering
- Managing effective regression testing to enable timely release of software developments
The Test Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- Lead, coach, motivate and develop direct reports
- Ensuring compliance to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 within a test environment
- Budget setting and managing costs
- Testing of electro-mechanical products
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with product testing experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Cambridge based microscope supplier will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Test Engineer or Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Test Manager role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.