Test Laboratory Engineer (Automotive) -34081- up to £22.50/hr - Vehicle Engineering department.
A Test Lab Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Project Management (Engineering)
- Test Experience
- Basic Automotive Knowledge
Key Account abilities and Responsibilities
- Management and delivery of allocated test projects.
- Coordination of critical internal engineering service providers i.e. rig design, instrumentation, data analysis, fitting team etc.
- Preparation of test specimens.
- Maintain continued running of various whole vehicle and sub system level test rigs.
- Regular recording of detailed test progress logs.
- Regular inspection and issue logging for test specimens.
- Resolution or escalation of test issues.
- Generation and archiving of quality test reports and results.
- Adherence to facility management processes such as Total Productive Maintenance, Calibration and 5S.
- Identify, own & support departmental capability improvement activity.
Practical experience of working in an engineering test environment.
Basic understanding of automotive architecture.
Proven history of project management i.e. requirements capture & scoping, planning, delivery, management & control and product/result handover (reporting).
Natural problem-solver with structured approach to problem solving in a technical environment.
Good verbal and written communication.
Good IT skills (MS Office).
Adaptable to changing circumstances, working requirements and environment.
Drive and motivation to achieve with a proven ability to influence others.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Worked in a team environment
- Have high-level awareness of vehicle architecture and modern automotive technologies
- Be organised and self-motivated.
- Able to prioritise effectively and work to demanding deadlines with minimum supervision Good written and verbal communication skills.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.