£30 - 36 per hour
Test Facility Engineer - supporting powertrain R&D test facility development for electrified product.
Up to £36/hr - Inside IR35
Peterborough/WFH - Hybrid model
12 month initial contract
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, this vacancy is an engineering position that will contribute to the successful design, implementation and maintenance of equipment and processes that facilitate development of the next generation of powertrain systems.
The day to day work will involve leadership and execution of projects within the team and support developing control and measurement techniques for future power system technology testing.
The successful applicant will become a key member of the Test Facilities Engineering team, with opportunities to work on the creation and deployment of new systems, as well as the maintenance and development of current systems.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Evaluation, selection, and deployment of EV test cell control and measurement equipment.
- Design and development of electrical systems and control systems.
- Collation and distribution of findings in technical reports.
- Design modifications to facility plant, test rigs and equipment.
- Develop, document, and maintain processes
- Complex fault finding.
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Experience of working in an engine, powertrain, or EV test cell environment or with relevant control and measurement systems.
- Team working skills to operate effectively with engineers and technicians.
- Excellent attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks with the capacity for continuous learning.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, with the ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
- An Engineering / Technical Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience.
- Proficient in PC operation for engineering software.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Experience in electrical hybridisation of IC engines and/or developing testing facilities to support this.
- Experience in developing or testing electric vehicles, experience of battery pack management.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience of electrical systems, control systems, and data capture systems.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.