Our client, a global aerospace manufacturer, is seeking a Test Engineering Manager to lead their Test Engineering team.
The Test Engineering Manager will develop, implement and coordinate all procedures and work performed in the Test Engineering department.
Key Responsibilities of the Test Engineering Manager:
- Managing activities to meet business case targets and objectives
- Coordinating with site managers from other sites to identify and improve processes in order to achieve best practice and standardisation
- Working with design and production to define Product road maps
- Assisting in identifying new tools and CAPEX requirements
- Overseeing and approving the technical output of the department to ensure that it is technically sound and meets all internal and external regulatory standard
- Identifying needs of the team for new competencies, resources and training needs
- Responsible for structured development program and on-boarding of new hires
- Maintaining the resource plan for the functional area
- Managing departmental budget
- Supporting bid-phase activities
- Works with other functions to support products during the whole life cycle
Key skills and competencies required for the Test Engineering Manager:
- Degree-qualified or relevant experience of Aerospace Testing
- Experience of managing a test facility
- Line management experience
- Knowledge of relevant standards such as RTCA/DO-160
- Demonstrable management experience of a group of engineers
- Project Management Experience
- Ability to manage internal and external customers and suppliers
- Ability to work cross-functionally within the organisation
- Experience of Change management facilitation and Continuous Improvement desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to further your career within a Globally successful organisation and to lead a state of the art test facility.
Please apply today, or contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143 for further information.