Test Engineer (Transmissions) - 34527 - up to £25.41/hr - Powertrain
A Test Engineer (Transmissions) is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
TRANSCEND is an Advanced Propulsion Centre funded program, to develop a new hybrid transmission specification, from concept to series production equivalent design release.
- Work with TRANSCEND Core Team, key collaborative and sub-contract partners to deliver transmission development and testing plans and execution for TRANSCEND.
- Establish and maintain DVP for system level transmission hardware. Support Programme gateways event; DV/PV testing and development complete, system level engineering and technical sign off documents complete.
- Establish and maintain Technical Target Brochure and secure agreement with all stakeholder parties. Concur assumptions with systems engineering and transmission/vehicle teams
- Report overall status to TRANSCEND Programme Leaders. Concur functional and test planning strategy assumptions with stakeholders.
- Document and concur Development Decisions. Support program deliverables and objectives, including reporting forums and presentations.
3 KEY SKILLS:
- Hybrid transmission testing knowledge and expertise, especially HIL, rig and dynamometer.
- Hands on mechanical development expertise and troubleshooting of rig and vehicle installations
- Core transmission design understanding, component function, performance and attribute specifications are essential.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing demands
- Experience of transmission integration, installation and mechanical system delivery, especially hybrid variants.
- Expertise in duty cycle creation and development, including road load data collection and manipulation.
- Demonstrable experience of planning and delivering mechanical test and development from concept to series production sign off.
- Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of hybrid solutions and integration with core Powertrain and/or vehicle systems.
- Delivery of system and components DFMEA's and DVP's using engineering service providers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Worked in a team environment
- Have high-level awareness of vehicle architecture and modern automotive technologies
- Be organised and self-motivated.
- Able to prioritise effectively and work to demanding deadlines with minimum supervision Good written and verbal communication skills.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.