over 1 year ago
Job Title: Test Engineer / Lab Manager
Salary: Negotiable Dependent on Experience + Bonus + Pension
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Test Engineer / Lab Manager to work for our client at their site in Rugby, they are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join their busy team at one of the UK's leading testing and approvals companies.
- Dealing with testing/product approval enquiries that come in by phone or email and associated actions (could be from customers, members of the public, insurance companies)
- Providing advice on products brought in for an initial consultation prior to official testing and explaining the testing process and paperwork/product requirements
- Product Testing (including preparation of paperwork, actual physical testing, notifying customers of any issues/concerns, reporting)
- Writing up of test reports (& if necessary certificates / creation of customer files (hard copy and electronic) + database entry)
- Dealing with generic phone/email enquiries
- Chasing customers for product/paperwork/audits/payment
- Calibration of test equipment and arranging calibration of equipment that needs to be calibrated externally
- Ordering of replacement tools
- Workshop management/maintenance
- Covering some of the admin roles when admin staff are on Holiday
- Arranging and then supervising any external testers where necessary
- Working with the Technical Manager on the development of new standards and updating of existing standards
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Well established testing skills and experience of working with and to standards
- Good general administration/scheduling skills with an element of commercial knowledge
- Must have the ability to deal with a large and varied number of tasks at any one time by prioritising own needs
- Ability to build relationships with customers and build strong bonds with team members
- Proven effective interpersonal skills, including strong team-oriented focus
- Follow up skills on tasks are highly important along with a strong ability to problem solve
- Ability to multi-task with effective management of time and priorities and a disciplined approach to work load, ensuring strict deadlines are met
- Comfortable dealing with people at all levels within the industry
- The candidate must be an experienced test engineer, good team player, energetic and enthusiastic, with excellent management, communication and IT skills as to adapt quickly to this challenging role.
- Ideally somebody with physical testing experience.
- Security product and/or door/window hardware industry experience preferable but not essential
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.