Test Engineer (Ride) - 34940 - up to £31.33/hr - Chassis Engineering
Objective vehicle testing and analysis is a key part of the development process, providing essential data to support target setting, chassis tuning and final sign-off. In this role you will:
- Perform vehicle objective ride tests for a range of vehicles to tight deadlines
- Analyse and disseminate results
- Provide concise conclusions, recommendations based on objective data supported by subjective evaluation
- Support ride metrics and test method development (physical and virtual) strengthening link to subjective evaluation
- Maintain ride test database - provide link between metrics and subjective evaluation
3 Key Skills:
- Thorough understanding of vehicle dynamics, particularly ride comfort.
- Valid UK driving licence
- Excellent team working, organisation and communication skills. Applicants are expected to be very self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to identify and carry out tasks independently.
- Working knowledge of Matlab or other signal processing tools
- Subjective ride evaluation Keep abreast of latest instrumentation developments MBS simulation tools knowledge (e.g. SIMPACK, ADAMS)
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.