Job Title: Test Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Competitive Salary + Private Healthcare / Pension / Life Assurance / 33 Days Holiday inc Bank Holidays
Are you an experienced Test Engineer with an Electrical bias, looking for a challenging and rewarding new role, within an exciting dynamic Company?
We are currently recruiting for an Experienced Test Engineer to join our dedicated team in Coventry.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a renowned engineering company, and use your skills and extensive knowledge within a supportive, engaging environment.
Working as part of the test and development team you will be required to facilitate and assist with a wide variety of development and performance testing on micro turbine generator systems. Prior knowledge and experience working in a multi-discipline environment with a bias towards electrical and controls systems is required.
We are a growing and rapidly transforming the business where the right candidate will have the opportunity to help us transition from a R&D team to full factory capacity production.
A job with variety, working at the cutting edge of engineering in the UK. You will work directly with and test all aspects related to:
- Gas turbine engines
- Combustion and ignition systems
- Fuel (and fuel control) systems
- Electrical control and energy recovery systems for gas turbines and generators
- Automated Test Scripting and monitoring
- To devise test techniques for development, production and endurance testing
- To setup, instrument and execute tests
- Support the tests by trouble shooting problems and minimising downtime
- Recording of results and managing the data produced in an organised manner
- Fault finding of the micro gas turbine generator units, supporting equipment etc. And working with the engineering teams to resolve design or implementation problems
- Assisting with maintenance and growth of test equipment and facilities
- Carrying out safety risk assessments
- Creating processes etc. that will facilitate our continued growth
- Setting up adequate independent 'self-diagnostic' systems and adequate control methods for unattended endurance tests
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 2:1 Hons Degree in a relevant Engineering or Science Discipline
- Demonstrable experience with the electrical & control side of a test environment
- Some experience with mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic systems
- A can-do attitude and a strong interest in our fascinating technology is key
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.