Brakes System Test Engineer - 34944 - up to £21.70/hr - Chassis Engineering
The role is based at Gaydon although support to vehicle and component testing at other locations - including mainland Europe will be required
- Support competitor and comparator Attribute benchmarking and futuring, including, physical / virtual testing, measurement and visual assessments as required.
- Support delivery of all Attribute Requirement targets by Gateway and ensure all technical issues are identified and resolved
- Support test and development activities as required or specified in the Design Verification Plan (DVP)
- Work with lead engineer as required to drive implementation and resolution of all engineering solutions
- Deliver technical recommendations and reports
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
3 Key Skills:
- The ability to plan and personally deliver high quality test and validation activities, whether virtual, rig or physical vehicle-based, and produce the corresponding test reports.
- The ability to evaluate customer-level attributes related to vehicle deceleration and determine the appropriate course of action if the current evaluated level does not meet the required level.
- An individual who is results driven with the ability to deliver operational plans in a highly demanding environment
- Good level of experience of vehicle or brake system test & validation
- Knowledge of automotive brake system design
- Previous experience of problem solving tools e.g. Root Cause Analysis, 8 Disciplines of problem solving, Design of Experiments and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) in Manufacturing
- Previous experience and background in solving complex technical ideas and challenges
- Experience of laboratory or vehicle test and subjective evaluation
- Full UK Cat B Driving Licence or equivalent
- Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or a similar engineering discipline (2:1 or higher)
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.