Battery Test Engineer Propulsion - Milton Keynes - £Competitive salary - Permanent
This is a fabulous opportunity for an ambitious Test Engineer, our client is one of Europe's leading independent technology centres for the design, engineering, test and development of automotive and propulsion systems, and a pioneer of low carbon technologies.
The Battery Test Engineer will be responsible for Test Cycle and Operating condition definition and support in line with customer requirements, contributing to deliver a complete HV Battery Test Service.
What you will do
As Battery Test Engineer you will;
- Provide Engineering support for HV Battery Testing technology and operation
- Define Test Cycles and Operating conditions based on all Customer requirements
- Provide comprehensive issue diagnostics and resolution to all Test activities.
- Ensure high quality and timely Test results reporting to the Customer
- Apply Continuous Improvement techniques in all activities to ensure ever improving Facilities, processes and Test methods
- Own Test and Operational derived Risk Assessments
- Ensures safe Operating Procedures are in place for all HV Battery related activity
What you will need
As Battery Test Engineer;
- Must be able to show relevant experience in developing basic but robust software, ideally in a test environment. This could for example be Matlab/Simulink, or java programming
- Experience in root cause analysis e.g. 8D or similar
- Experienced in technical report writing
- Good understanding of CAN, dbc files and tools like CANalyzer or CANape
- Understanding of Lithium-ion Batteries (preferably Automotive)
- Use of electrical/electronic simulation tools (e.g. SPICE) (preferred)
- Ability to create and analyse simple electrical/electronic schematics.
What you will get
As Battery Test Engineer
* A very competitive salary and benefits package.
* Career progression.
* The opportunity to work for a leading independent technology centre.
Suitably qualified and experienced Test Engineers should apply today by either calling Jeff Lane on +44 (0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter