Test Engineer - 34396 - up to £22.51/hr - Vehicle Engineering
The department operates on a three shift basis - shift premium applies.
The department is responsible for the delivery of physical testing, which forms the foundation of the vehicle verification processes. The safe and effective operation, maintenance and development of these advanced facilities is essential in delivering robust test services to engineering functions throughout the business.
The Structural Test Laboratory team requires a driven, determined and enthusiastic individual who excels in a demanding yet rewarding engineering environment. The individual must possess both technical aptitude and outstanding organisational and project management skills. You will be expected to take a lead role in the planning and delivery of technical, automotive based test projects from requirement capture to the handover of results to key internal customers and stakeholders.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Project Management
- Engineering Test experience
- Basic Automotive knowledge
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Management and delivery of allocated test projects.
- Coordination of critical internal engineering service providers i.e. rig design, instrumentation, data analysis, fitting team etc.
- Preparation of test specimens.
- Maintain continued running of various whole vehicle and sub system level test rigs.
- Regular recording of detailed test progress logs.
- Regular inspection and issue logging for test specimens.
- Resolution or escalation of test issues.
- Generation and archiving of quality test reports and results.
- Adherence to facility management processes such as Total Productive Maintenance, Calibration and 5S.
- Identify, own & support departmental capability improvement activity.
- Practical experience of working in an engineering test environment.
- Basic understanding of automotive architecture.
- Proven history of project management i.e. requirements capture & scoping, planning, delivery, management & control and product/result handover (reporting).
- Natural problem-solver with structured approach to problem solving in a technical environment.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Good IT skills (MS Office).
- Adaptable to changing circumstances, working requirements and environment.
- Drive and motivation to achieve with a proven ability to influence others.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.