about 1 month ago
Job Title: Test Build Technician
Contract Length: 6 Months
Flexible Hours available, typically 7am - 3pm. Also opportunity for occasional weekend work.
Reporting to the Test Technician Team Lead you will be directly supporting the expansion of Test Capacity through the build of new, and the modification of existing Test Stands. Including:
- Delivering electromechanical build projects
- Maintenance and calibration of installed and portable equipment
- Troubleshoot issues and make proactive improvements
- Carry out build and upgrade works on Test stands including mechanical fitting and wiring
- Fit and configure equipment and instrumentation to test stands
- Carry out Maintenance on installed and portable equipment
- Provide support to senior test stand specialist with stand configuration management
- Follow company safety standards and report safety issues
- Experience of building systems involving at least one of either mechanical fitting or wiring
- HNC level in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical engineering or similar
- Mechanical or Electrical Fitting skills
- Competent use of MS Office packages
- Ability to read diagrams and schematics including mechanical, electrical, electronic and P&ID
- Enthusiasm to drive and deliver on time
- Organised and methodical
- Effective communicator, with ability to problem solve
Experience of Lab or Industrial safety procedures would be advantageous, alongside experience of working in a product development or research environment.
Experience of the following:
- Industrial wiring e.g Contactors, breakers, 3-hase
- Digital electronics, e.g diodes, transistors, PWM.
- Analogues electronics, e.g resistors, inductors, capacitors and band pass filters.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.