Test Bed Operator
A Test Bed Operator is required with knowledge of motor vehicle technology with an up-to-date knowledge of vehicle development, especially new engine types and electronics.
Due to growth this company, a leading Powertrain Engineering consultancy based in Coventry, requires a Test Bed Operator for a new permanent role.
As a Test Bed Operator you will be required to:
- Installation of Unit Under Test (UUT) on advanced test beds of varying types
- Regular servicing and repairs of components and powertrains
- Operating facility and test equipment in line with work instructions
- First line fault identification on the UUT and test cell
- Ensuring the facility is clean and tidy at all times
- Assist mechanical technicians on a day-to-day basis to ensure efficient operations
- To ensure processes are worked to and maintained ensuring high quality and customer value
- Ensure customer engine test programs are completed with high levels of efficiency
- To identify inefficiencies in current process and deliver improvements
- You may be required to do other work within your capability which the company may require from time to time
The Test Bed Operator should have the following skills or experience:
- An apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 vocational qualification in Mechanical or Motor Vehicle Engineering and relevant technical experience
- Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent in English, Maths and Science
- Experience of operating a modern automated test cell
- Knowledge of motor vehicle technology with an up-to-date knowledge of vehicle development, especially new engine types and electronics
- Excellent practical skills with a good manual dexterity
- Strong knowledge and experience of working on prototype powertrains
- Knowledge and experience of using test cell instrumentation and external measurement devices
- Knowledge of powertrain test control systems and ancillary equipment such as combustion and emissions measurement
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office competency preferably with a European Computer Driving License
- Willing and able to travel
- Master mechanics are also highly welcome
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have any questions about the Test Bed Operator role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.