Test Bed Operator
A Test Bed Operator is required with knowledge of motor vehicle technology with an up-to-date knowledge of vehicle development, especially new engine types and electronics.
Due to growth this company, a leading Powertrain Engineering consultancy based in Coventry, requires a Test Bed Operator for a new permanent role.
As a Test Bed Operator you will be required to:
- Installation of Unit Under Test (UUT) on advanced Powertrain Test Cells
- Accurate repeatable instrumentation fitment onto powertrains
- Responsible for powertrain test facility utilization diary logs and facility breakdown reporting
- Operating facility and test equipment in line with work instructions
- Regular servicing and repairs of components and powertrains
- First line analysis and interpretation of test results
- First line fault identification on the engine and test cell
- Assist mechanical technicians on day-to-day basis to ensure efficient UUT Preparation in-line with customer requirements
- To ensure processes are worked to and maintained ensuring high quality and customer value
- Ensure customer test programs are completed with high levels of efficiency and accuracy
- Identify inefficiencies in current process and deliver improvements through continuous improvements
- Other tasks as and when required to keep the operations up and running
- 5 S's / TPM and housekeeping in the facility
The Test Bed Operator should have the following skills or experience:
- An apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 vocational qualification in Mechanical or Motor Vehicle Engineering and relevant technical experience
- Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent in English, Maths and Science
- Experience of operating a modern automated test cell
- Knowledge of motor vehicle technology with an up-to-date knowledge of vehicle development, especially new engine types and electronics
- Strong practical skills with good manual dexterity
- Strong knowledge and experience of working on prototype powertrains
- Knowledge and experience of using test cell instrumentation and external measurement devices
- Knowledge of powertrain test control systems and ancillary equipment such as combustion and emissions measurement
- Computer literate, including competency in Microsoft Office
- Driving License
- Target orientated working ethic and willingness to learn
- A can-do attitude and approach to your role, with a keen willingness to adapt to new situations and processes
- Master mechanics are also highly welcome
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have any questions about the Test Bed Operator role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.