£21.54 - 21.54 per hour
4 months ago
Title: Test and Validation Project Engineer
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
The Test and Validation Project Engineer will be responsible for the End to End validation and sign off for the Vehicle related functions at a customer level. The Engineer will need to create a test plan and then execute in order to identify any potential error states and take the necessary measurements, in order to raise a defect that can be resolved and resubmitted for validation. This can be either mechanical or electrical as it is a system related test.
The candidate will be working across all CoC's and multiple programme lines with the relevant Test and Development teams to ensure that all the prototype and production assets are tested and validated against the DV plan. Close collaboration and working with the Engineering Workshops will be required when updating vehicles at a whole vehicle level.
- Overall Vehicle Engineering Knowledge
- Automotive Validation and Sign Off
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Good understanding of complete vehicle systems and architectures
- Experience of using the Office 365 and tools to aid efficient communications
- Knowledge of automotive technical issues resolution and use of defect management tools a distinct advantage
- Both verbal and written communication skills are important, these should be combined with a confident attitude
- The candidate must have a record of creating and executing test plans across multiple disciplines / feature sets.
Experience of working in a Customer Sign Off environment - Leading Sign Off activities a distinct advantage.
Educated to Degree level in an Engineering discipline
The position would be based at JLR Gaydon site within the Product Engineering Operations team. Working hours are 40 / week. Travel to other sites may be required.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.