Birmingham, West Midlands
£28000 - £32000.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Title: Test Technician
Employment Type: Permanent
Division: R&D Assemblies
Position based at: Birmingham Business Park (After a short period in Lincoln)
Our client has been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing Power Module and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining this leading technology company as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue with a major growth investment in the Birmingham area.
To support this growth plan, we are looking for a Test and Validation Engineer to join the R&D Centre. - This new centre will be situated in Birmingham. Successful candidates will be comfortable with travel to Lincoln in the first two months until the brand new and industry-leading design and development complex is up and running in Birmingham.
This role will be responsible for the test and validation of automotive power electronics products in the company which including detailed test plan definition, test report, compose and review, management and maintenance of test equipment, requirement promotion of new equipment and purchase.
- Compose detailed test plan for all kinds of products according to test requirements and test strategy
- Manage the test process
- Compose test report, and organise review meeting of test result
- Responsible for test method optimisation, achieving equipment high utilisation and high test efficiency.
- Compose and conduct test plan
- Responsible for requirements analysis of new equipment, sourcing and purchase;
- Develop jigs and tooling for test
- Manage test equipment and responsible for the daily maintenance
- Compose equipment operating manual to compliance with health and safety legislation requirement in the UK
- Provide management support on request;
Core Skills and Education
- Diploma in subjects of Electronic Information, power electronics, electrical automation, computer
- 2 years and above of electronics products development/test experience
- Familiar with electronic product development process, and with profound understanding and experience
- Familiar with health and safety requirements and related legislation
- Proficiency in Office software
- Effective communicator with colleagues and external parties
- Familiar with electrical vehicle power electronics product development will be desirable
If you are interested in joining this pioneering EV development team, apply now or send your CV