Competitive Plus O/T and Benefits
Test and Service Engineer (Powertrain Systems)
£Highly Competitive Plus O/T and Benefits
Engine, Powertrain, Test, Development, Prototype, Build, Performance, Applications, Repair, Mechanical, Electrical, Overhaul
Want to work for a forward thinking organisation that design, develop and build powertrain systems and associated products for various applications within the automotive, off-highway, aerospace, marine and industrial sectors, driving engineering excellence? We are looking for an experienced and proactive Test and Service Engineer (Powertrain Systems) to help maintain, repair and overhaul their products within the facility and onsite with clients to ensure service and maintenance contracts, engine applications/performance and breakdowns area addressed and completed successfully.
The role of Test and Service Engineer (Powertrain Systems) will be customer focused travelling to site to ensure products and systems are maintained dealing with both reactive and proactive functions across all powertrain applications within heavy good and commercial industries. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to have the passion and commitment to ensure the job is completed and customer services is at the forefront of your mind.
You will need to have experience of testing, servicing and maintaining powertrain systems and products, understanding of how engines work with excellent faulting, diagnostic and rectification work especially onsite to ensure problem are repaired quickly and effectively.
As a Test and Service Engineer (Powertrain Systems) your main responsibilities will include;
- Work on a wide range of industrial, construction and marine equipment
- Carry out on-site diagnostic, repair and maintenance work
- When on-site represent the company in a professional manner as the face of the business.
- When carrying out on-site work, before, during and after repair photographs must be taken of the customers equipment.
- After carrying out on-site work, the customers equipment must be thoroughly cleaned and left in a clean condition.
- Where possible, after the repair / service has been completed, the engine must be shown to the customer and demonstrated as fully operable.
- A fully detailed report, complete with the previously taken photographs, is to be complied and provided immediately after completion of any on-site work
- Continuous product training through John Deere University, including overseas training
- Work with office staff and customers in a responsible and respectful manner
- Complete electronic paperwork in a timely manner.
- Identify all parts and their respective part numbers required for the service / repair.
- Parts ordering, providing on-site, phone and email support to customers
- Assist with workshop servicing, repairs and maintenance as requested/required.
- Completing in house and John Deere training, as documented in the training plan – training is planned and carried out on an individual basis depending on the employee.
- Carrying out any jobs that are reasonably requested for the company.
- Self-driven and self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision whether in workshop or on customers’ site
This is a challenging and exciting role and we are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the following:
- Capacity to work remotely and under their own initiative to resolve technical problems within both mechanical and electrical applications.
- Extensive knowledge with the test, strip down, repair and overhaul of powertrain systems especially with heavy goods and commercial applications.
- Support critical decisions quickly and robustly to ensure concerns are resolved quickly and to the clients satisfaction
- Ability to work overtime and out of hours is often required in this job, in return the organisation with offer paid overtime, flexible working hours and time off in lieu as and when required.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in the test, repair and overhaul of powertrain systems, products and their application and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Test and Service Engineer (Powertrain Systems) role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.