Test and Development Engineer
Industry/Sector: Automation and Electronics
A new Test and Development Engineer is required within an established and growing company located in the centre of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the automotive and test industries.
The main function of this position is to design, develop and test embedded electronic systems for a wide range of microcontroller based products. We are looking for an extremely motivated candidate, a highly enthusiastic individual who is passionate about their work and can develop and grow within the role.
The role of Test and Development Engineer will include the following:
- Design validation and testing of electronic equipment
- PCB layout and Bill-of Materials generation and maintenance
- Design and development of electronic hardware based on agreed specifications. Schematic capture,
- Participate in customer requirements capture, solution conceptualisation, proposal and specification
- Design, develop, test and maintain embedded microcontroller software based on agreed specifications
- Liaison with customers, managing expectations and following project management guidelines
- Ensure the timely delivery of the agreed hardware, software, testing and documentation elements
The Test and Development Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Fully proficient in C programming for popular embedded microcontrollers
- Ability to use appropriate software design methodologies for different applications
- Familiar with the use of development environments such as Microchip MPLAB X, Eclipse or Keil Microvision
- Ability to design digital, analogue and mixed signal electronic hardware
- Familiar with embedded debugging techniques such as the use of debuggers and/or serial consoles
- Comfortable to use industry standard test equipment to validate and debug prototype product hardware
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of embedded electronic systems and microcontrollers and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Test and Development Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .