£200 - 250 per day
Test & Development Engineer
Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex
Up to £250 per day (Umbrella/PAYE) Temp to Perm
A Test & Development Engineer opportunity has become available for a company who specialise in the design and production of powertrains for a variety of engineering applications.
These aspects include the performance, efficiency and durability of the engine, as observed from rigs, single-cylinder and multi-cylinder prototypes.
This position will support the Chief Engineer, Development, with the next phase of prototype testing onsite and at two universities.
This is a hands-on and varied role, with a mix of desktop-based development work and use of practical tools such as rigs, engine test beds and in the future, chassis dynos.
This role would be ideal for someone who has worked with diesel combustion and emissions and is proactive, adaptable, decisive and autonomous in their nature.
- Technical responsibility for test projects using rigs, single-cylinder and multi-cylinder engines
- Co-ordination of hardware builds, testing and validation activities and schedules, fault rectification and delivery of test results, often to demanding time schedules
- Optimisation of engine and subsystem performance, including fuel economy & emissions compliance
- Analysis of test results, development of conclusions and recommendations for development towards technical targets
- Supporting engineering partners and academic institutions in delivering test programs
- Reporting of technical progress and risk to key stakeholders
- Day to day management of suppliers and programme partners as appropriate
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Engineering graduate with experience of internal combustion engine testing and development and a fundamental understanding of diesel engine, combustion and after treatment calibration and control
- Experience of engine test bed management; Ensuring testing is executed to process and delivers QA'd results
- Experience in identifying and solving root cause of complex combustion or emissions calibration related problems
- Fluent in thermodynamics, engine and engine systems technology and engineering
- Experience of engine build; either hands on or managing engine builds
- Experienced user of engineering tools such as Matlab, Simulink, INCA & Microsoft Office
- Experience of using 1D & 3D CFD simulation for steering hardware & performance development is an advantage, but not essential
- Has SME, start-up and / or engineering consultancy experience and attracted by the unique challenges of a small business
Please send your CV to James Tilley for review.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.