Circa £45,000 plus excellent benefits, including strong pension.
This organisation is part of a European multi national business that designs and manufactures the highest quality prefabricated modular solutions, from packaged plant rooms and energy centres to pre assembled modular buildings. Do to increased work load and business enquires they have asked us to help them recruit a talented and knowledgeable Estimating Engineer.
We are keen to talk to Estimating Engineers who have knowledge of construction and in particularly the HVAC sector.
- Previous experience working as an Estimator, Proposals Engineer, Internal Sales Engineer or Consulting Engineer
- Document handling and filing of technical data experience
- Experience working with engineers and contractors
- Experience with HMI's, PLC's and SCADA systems
- Good working knowledge of schematics
- Strong, technical understanding of HVAC Building Services or mechanical systems
- Causeway estimating software experience desirable
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification such as HND in mechanical engineering
- Experience of putting tenders, bids and quotes together
- Good IT and communication skills required - both written and verbal
- Strong customer service skills
- Liaising with customers and internal staff to provide fully detailed quotations and tenders
- Working from a client’s brief, set of drawings or from a site survey to create a working design
- Focusing on VRF/splits, with exposure to additional HVAC services to include heating, plumbing and pipework
- Working & negotiating closely with suppliers for equipment and sub-contractors for labour
- Undertake the preparation and processing of quotations, bids
- Prepare Supplier and Sub-contractor enquiries, scrutinise quotations and undertake selection process
- Produce bills of quantities, schedules of work and contractors proposal documents to support bids
- Assess material, labour and plant requirements in compilation of the tender
Produce breakdowns, substantiation and undertake value engineering process to meet client budgetary requirements
- Liaise with Operational Offices, Architects, Engineers, Sub-contractors, Suppliers and the Client to establish the project specification, preliminary requirements, risk provision and exclusions
- Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary
- Ensure all contract documentation is representative of offer and reports, cost data and supporting information is accurate and made available at the appropriate time
- Maintain records and filing of information relating to submitted tenders
Review unsuccessful bids, client and operational feedback on contracts delivered to improve accuracy of future tenders
- Assess commercial and operational risks associated with tenders
outhandover meetings for successful bids to Project Managers
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy, dedicated team. The organisation has a strong forward order book. The role itself offers excellent career progression within a solid organisation.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.