An experienced Telematics/Connected Services Engineer is required with relevant telematics or related IT experience to work for a client, a large automotive company based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire on a contract basis.
The Telematics Engineer will be working as part of their exciting overseas program director team and through collaboration with the vehicle connected services and research and development teams, bring new opportunities through connected services to life that enrich and simplify their customers lives. Working in a fast paced professional environment you will be responsible for the delivery of new business models and solutions through deployed vehicles technology such as mobility.
As a Telematics Engineer you will be required to:
- Programme management of key strategic projects from idea to business implementation, ensuring they provide and realise the desired outcomes
- Manage varied cross functional business projects associated with connected services
- Implement technical solutions through external organisations and stakeholders
- Support the development of business cases and plans aligned with business strategy
- Collaborate to ensure any synergies are identified and assessed
- Act as a decision maker for activates to ensure we exceed customer demands and expectations whilst maximising business opportunities and revenue
- Provide technical support to global colleagues with regards to vehicle connected services.
- Review supplier proposals and provide constructive feedback.
- Programme/project status reporting to Senior Management.
- Perform competitor and market analysis to understand future opportunities
The Telematics Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Electrical/IT Engineering technical knowledge
- Relevant Telematics or related IT experience
- Strong background in programme/project management
- Strategic mind-set, proven experience successfully building business cases and taking through to implementation
- Interpersonal skills - capable of building strong working partnerships
- Team player - conformable leading, encouraging and supporting
- Adaptable - thrives in an environment that embraces a wide range of cultures and opinions
If you have any questions about the Telematics Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.