about 1 year ago
Telematics Control Unit Design Engineer
A Telematics Control Unit Design Engineer is required with knowledge of software and hardware development.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Telematics Control Unit Design Engineer with understanding and experience of telematics system developments for a new contract role.
As a Telematics Control Unit Design Engineer you will be required to:
- Implement on-board telematics systems for all vehicles manufactured in Europe and Russia.
- Negotiate and coordinate specification and vehicle specific requirements with global teams in Japan and North America.
- Manage Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
- Manage in house and supplier validation of components to company design standard
- Collaborate with Off Board Connected Car team, test teams (both on board and off board) and customer orientated engineering team to define project development and testing plans
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure technical solution supports business objectives & with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
- Collaborate with related engineering sections to ensure all system components are packaged and connected correctly to meet all system design and regulation requirements.
The Telematics Control Unit Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Have an understanding and experience of telematics system developments or similar
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development, completing a minimum of one previous vehicle development, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Have experience of managing Tier 1 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product.
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.
- Self motivating and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Affable and energetic personality.
- Flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Understand Mechanical Engineering principles, electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
- Knowledge of software and hardware development.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions could be longer.
- Competent with PC applications. MS office, Image editing etc.
Additionally the following may be an advantage:
- Knowledge of CAN.
- Knowledge of software programming and software quality assurance.
- Knowledge of Antenna or Communications technology.
- Understanding of electronic mass production techniques and processes.
- Working knowledge of CAD systems such as IDEAS or NX
If you have any questions about the Telematics Control Unit Design Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship