Telematics and Navigation Test Engineer - R00019801
A Telematics and Navigation Test Engineer is required with strong automotive electrical and electronic development skills. to successfully deliver vehicle quality targets & secure a successful launch of vehicle projects into the European & AIME market. As part of the Vehicle Validation team you will be responsible for validating the functional operation & reliability of Infotainment and telematics systems on the vehicle against specifications and regulatory requirements.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Telematics and Navigation Test Engineer with knowledge of the electrical architecture of modern vehicle electronics and experience of fault finding for a new contract role.
As a Telematics and Navigation Test Engineer, you will be required to:
- Develop testing methods & procedures that comply with our client's specifications and regulatory requirements to ensure robust validation on various navigation and telematics systems.
- Confirm vehicle level quality, function & reliability standards are maintained with changes of Navigation & Telematics HW & SW
- Confirm End to End system validation for telematics systems through all gateways within the on-board and off-board environment.
- Support supplier/in-house sound quality tuning for both Audio and Hands free systems
- Cross functional working with project quality, management and engineering teams to ensure early response & transparency to concerns
- Conduct Root cause investigation of complex concerns on vehicles under the guidance of the component or system engineer
- Creation of test reports in line with vehicle development schedule / Gateways
- Provide technical support to the production plant.
- Some management of suppliers and hosting of guest engineers
- To understand and operate within the Health and Safety rules.
The Telematics and Navigation Test Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development relating to vehicle body electronics, HMI, navigation and telematics systems or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Have knowledge of the electrical architecture of modern vehicle electronics and experience of fault finding.
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices
- Be able to risk assess hardware & software modifications and develop appropriate test plans
- Understand network communications and multiple bus principles (CAN, LIN)
- Be able to operate CANalyzer software or similar and interpret the results
- Be able to follow system circuit diagrams and identify electrical connections
- Be able to demonstrate and have practical experience in problem solving tools and techniques
- Be conversant with digital oscilloscopes, and basic electrical test equipment.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft project.
- Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self-motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be long distance and or at short notice.
- Valid UK/European driving licence is MUST.
Additionally the following may be an advantage
- Awareness of VDA test requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of software programming and software quality assurance.
- Knowledge of Antenna or Communications technology.
- Understanding of electronic mass production techniques and processes
If you have any questions about the Telematics and Navigation Test Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately, candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship