Technician- Rigs- Permanent- £25- 30k
The Components and Environmental team are responsible for developing and delivering routine and bespoke testing of components and sub systems for a variety of sectors. The work is interesting and varied. You can be asked to test almost anything and recent examples include a jet fighter nose cone, train windows, marine fenders, military transport components, aircraft brakes as well as car components.
Essential experience for this role;
- Installation and operation of hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems and associated safe working practices.
- Mechanical assembly.
- Prototype development, build and modification.
- Work to good Health & Safety standards and ensure that company quality standards are adhered to.
- Knowledge of automotive systems/mechanisms.
Desirable experience for this role;
- Construction of test rigs involving hydraulic or pneumatic actuators and basic electrical circuits.
- Assembling bespoke machines (e.g. packaging/assembly/machining) and familiar with modular assembly systems such as Bosch.
- Durability/fatigue testing of components or sub systems using hydraulic or pneumatic actuators.
- Worked within an automotive or aerospace component test environment.
Essential skills for this role;
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Use of measuring equipment and gauges.
- Problem solving.
- Mechanical assembly/fitting; manual dexterity.
- Operation of hand tools (powered/unpowered) and basic machine shop equipment such as pillar drill and band saw.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a team working environment.
- Able to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision.
Essential qualifications for this role;
- Relevant City & Guilds in a mechanical engineering discipline.
- Full, clean driving licence.
Desirable qualifications for this role;
- HNC in engineering or equivalent.
- Flexibility with working hours will be required occasionally due to the timing of tests (e.g. weekend and evening working).
- Must have the ability and desire to contribute to test rig design and construct test rigs with minimal information.
For more information please contact Gemma Skidmore of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.