Job Title: Technician (Mechanical Testing)
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Technician to work for our client site within their mechanical and product testing department, the role will be involved in preparation of test pieces and testing for Brinell, Rockwell and Vickers Hardness Test and Reporting.
- Ambient and elevated temperature tensile testing-round and prismatic samples.
- Full size fastener testing on all applicable machines at ambient temperatures and authorization for reporting.
- Bespoke tensile and compression testing to customer requirements after suitable training.
- Thermomechanical testing including stress rupture, creep and fatigue testing after suitable training.
- Izod and Charpy impact testing and reporting.
- The successful candidate would be carrying out routine and bespoke mechanical testing.
- Also involved in a longer-term development projects of thermo-mechanical testing.
- Weld sample bend test piece preparation and testing to current and equivalent specifications e.g. ASME IX, fracture sample preparation and testing to current and equivalent specifications.
- Assistance with product testing.
- Proof load testing using Tentec Proof Load Rig after suitable training.
- Any other reasonable task requested by Management.
- Normal Working Hours will be Mon-Thu 08:00-16:30 and Fri 08:00-15:30, there is also a daily 30 min lunch break.
- The role will be working across both sites in Wednesbury and Dudley.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.