Technical Training Developer
Salary: up to £50,000 plus excellent pension and benefits package
This multinational business is a British manufacturer of high tech, specialist equipment that is used across several industries. We have been asked to assist in the search and recruitment of a Technical Training Developer.
You will develop and deliver effective training programs that utilise modern and advanced training tools and platforms to increase knowledge transfer to others in a time efficient and accessible manner. This is a pivotal role to advance the business’s Global Training Academy to modern training methodologies and techniques and support development of global training communities.
As Technical Training Developer your key tasks are:
- Create customized technical training solutions to build capability in their global service teams.
- Promote innovation in the use of E-Learning and modern instructor-led training techniques
- Working with R&D, Product Management and Commercial / Technical Trainers to develop eLearning content.
- Undertake training needs analysis with the business’s Global Training Community.
- Engagement with field service engineers, technical support and training team.
- Deliver technical product training to internal and external suppliers.
- Course administration, including, pre course work preparation and materials created for class-based and web-based courses.
- Identify and storyboard visual communication requirements, e.g. video, animation, and photography working closely with the Visual Communications Team.
- Run Train the Technical Trainer courses to the Global Training Community which includes Field Service Engineers.
- Support Global Service projects as required.
- Identify, analyse and recommend opportunities for using modern techniques and tools to deliver engaging content.
- Work closely with existing team to guide and influence on new innovative delivery methods.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by Management.
It is essential you are trained in modern techniques and tools, e.g. LMS, Articulate
- CIPD level 3 (or similar recognised training qualification)
- Formal change management methodology
- Augmented reality content
- Web Based training experience
- Adobe Suite
- Experience of providing training to those with English as a second language
You will have experience in developing original and innovative technical training programs along with developing instructor-led training materials and self-paced learning content, along with the following:
- Training needs analysis identification
- Well-versed in the instructional design process, including storyboarding for eLearning content
- Competent in the use of content authoring, video editing, social media and LMS tools
- Articulate Storyline experience
- Litmos LMS knowledge
- Manufacturing, Packaging, Industry knowledge
As well as a competitive salary, the business offers a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.