Technical Trainer - Process Engineering
Working as a member of the learning and development team, the main purpose of the role is to deliver and support training on foundation knowledge and understanding of chemical processes. The Technical Trainer will ensure and monitor the delivery and assessment of high quality on the job training within operational areas. This all feeds into ensuring personnel are safe and competent to complete their jobs to the required standards.
Key Responsibilities for the Technical Trainer - Process role.
- Design, create and deliver training on chemical reaction hazards with the support of the Process Safety Team.
- Design, create and deliver training to give operators a basic understanding of chemistry and metallurgy with the support of technical experts.
- Deliver 'train the trainer' training for those delivering on-the-job training in departments.
- Audit 'on-the-job' assessors to ensure a high quality of competency assessments is maintained.
Skills and experience required for the Technical Trainer - Process role:
- A background working in a training role delivering training on industrial site processes.
- A degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Material Science Chemical Engineering or similar.
- Experience working in a high hazard industrial environment.
- Experience of assessment of competency.
- Solid communication, planning and organising skills.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary. Alternatively, please call Justin Wainwright directly on 01268 889267