Bar Hill, Cambridgeshire
£30000 - £32000.00 per annum + Pension, bonus, 25 days holiday
over 1 year ago
Technical Support Specialist
Up to £32,000
25 days plus bank holiday increasing with service, income protection, excellent pension contributions increase with service, plus range of other flexible benefits.
This well respected and established, high tech manufacturing business, is a true leader and specialist in their field. They supply high precision equipment into multiple sectors including FMCG, Medical, Pharmaceuticals and consumer durable. The organisation is going through change and investment and they have several new positions including a requirement for a Technical Support Specialist to work in their headquarters in Cambridgeshire.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will first class, first line technical support for UK customers, service engineers and other members of the wider team. Part of the role is to organise by region, day to day scheduling of service engineers in line with client and service agreements.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Provide first line technical support for a broad range of electronic printing equipment for all enquiries received via telephone, e-mail, web-based sources and face to face.
- Provide regionalised scheduling on all aspects of Service engineer activity which includes on demand repairs, visits and installations.
- Provide field engineer support which includes all scheduling inquiries and job updates.
- Manage engineer stock by generating stock reports, reconcile with the service engineer and adjusting as necessary.
- Provide planned maintenance, repair quotes and sales and training leads.
What we are looking for:
We are keen to talk to candidates that have an appreciation for software or electronics, and perhaps hold a degree qualification in electronic engineering or similar technical discipline or have equivalent work-based experience.
Ideally you will have a good understanding of the following:
- Technical understanding of electronic circuitry and associated equipment.
- Planning and organisation of resources.
- Understanding of customer relationship management principles.
- Experience of IT systems e.g. ERP or Service Management system. Oracle and ServiceMax preferred.
There are key attitudes and personality traits that will serve you well as a Technical Support Specialist and these are:
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to quickly develop a rapport with internal and external customers.
- Able to follow established protocol, own a problem and document action.
- Able to receive and clearly convey technical information to customers, some of whom are non-technical
- Effective written, verbal and telephone communication skills and attention to detail
- Effective enquiry and negotiator to ensure win/win solutions
- Innovative problem solving
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload and be flexible to customer needs, remaining calm in testing situations
This is a great role with an excellent business. The position, for the right candidate will lead to career development and progression. The organisation looks for ambition in the candidates it meets as it is evolving all the time, with new and exciting opportunities.
If you are interested, please apply!