- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Marketing
- Contact: Matthew Taylor
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 07947 343994
- Duration: permanent
- Start Date: June/July 2022
- Expiry Date: 10 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61678
Job Title – Technical Support Engineer
£ 28,000 - £ 30,000 p.a. + Hybrid working / WFH + Pension + 25 days hol + quarterly bonus scheme
Are you a Mechanic, Fitter, Workshop Technician or Service Technician looking to get out of the workshop and off the spanners? Are you interested in a hybrid working model, being based in a warm office or in the comfort of your own home, not having to get your hands dirty anymore, whilst still using your technical know how? A Technical support role for a global leader in automotive aftermarket (OE) parts could be just for you. Are you able to provide outstanding customer service and communicate complex information in easy to understand terminology? If this sounds like you continue reading..
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities;
- Support the Technical team and provide excellent customer service, training and support service to Clients.
- Support all customers via the technical hotline for product support on application enquiries, cross reference enquiries.
- Build and maintain internal relationships with other departments and divisions globally, working as part of a team and Sharing best practice.
- Participate in, and produce training material for the companies live and on demand webinars Aimed at automotive professionals of all types including technician’s, workshop owners and fitters, students and general car enthusiasts
- Produce content covering the latest product technology designed for OE and Aftermarket use, best fitment practices, and how to avoid warranty issues and second fitments.
- Manage the language of the training materials and adapt them to the local language with assistance from the internal network
- With internal support, create Technical Service Bulletins in order to aid fitters in installing company products and help distributors understand common fitment issues.
- Create technical write ups on products and services to increase the customers understanding.
An exciting opportunity for Technical Support Engineer with the following;
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Able to present information confidently and clearly
- Higher product knowledge of vehicle parts and systems
- Level 3 Automotive Engineering Qualification would be an advantage
- IT literate (Microsoft Office or similar)
- Technical Support / Training experience a distinct advantage
If you are a Technical Support Engineer with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Technical Support Engineer, please contact Matthew Taylor at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947943994.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.