Technical Support Engineer
A fantastic opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer within an established and growing company located in the centre of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the automotive and test industry.
Key role and responsibilities
- The main function of this position is to provide in-house and on-site customer support. Undertaking commissioning and testing for the company’s software/electronic test and assembly solutions installed on our customer’s sites.
The support team provide customer support of their end-of-line test systems and this includes:
- Shop floor PC hardware and operating systems
- Test hardware including mechanical and electrical systems
- Most systems are Windows based, requiring housekeeping, documentation and record keeping with regular customer liaison.
- The position requires a significant input into the definition and maintenance of systems documentation for installed facilities.
The position requires participation in a 7×24 on-call schedule to provide support to their customer base, this would involve initial contact, remote access and problem solving as well as site visits.
The suitable candidate will need to possess the following competences:
- Electronics / PLC control systems
- PC hardware, software including networking and cabling
- Vehicle Electrical Systems
- Strong problem-solving Skills
- Service / Support provision
- Basic understanding of programming
- Industrial Electronics
- Automotive Wiring and Systems
- Attention to detail and passionate about your work
- A healthy interest in the automotive industry or industrial electronics
- Good personal presentation and communication
- Willing to work on client site and the occasional need to travel away
If you are interested in this exciting role, then please click on the link to apply or contact Ed Smith – Automation Recruitment Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01384 446 133.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.