GBP35000 - GBP40000 per annum Pension,
about 1 year ago
We bring together and supply the world’s most advanced manufacturers of high technology machine tools, automation systems to deliver highly productive metal cutting solutions to our valued customer base across the UK.
Established around a long standing relationship with Chiron Werke, Nakamura Tome, Bavius, Stama, Bridgeport Hardinge, Quaser, Halter and Heidenhein this company operate as a single source machine tool and systems supplier.
Due to ongoing and sustained success, we are recruiting for a candidate to join our service team based at our Wellesbourne / Warwick HQ as a Technical Support Desk Engineer. You may have prior experience as a Field Service Engineer with a background in CNC machines and tooling and possibly be looking for a ‘change of pace’ to a site based technical support role. If this is the case, this could be an ideal position for you.
- Remote support for customers and engineers of CNC Machinery and tools via telephone / email / poral.
- Diagnose and solve electronic, hydraulic and software faults with CNC machines over the telephone and via remote diagnostics.
- Spare part clarification and orders (liaising with service team).
- Manage and plan service activities to be executed in the field for customer within SLAs.
- Coordinate and liaise with service engineers.
- Support with planning and aftercare of retrofits and machine upgrades.
- Communication with internal and external customers regarding dates, on-site bookings and follow up of any problems and issues that may have occurred
- Documentation of service activities
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience of servicing various CNC machines and tools (milling, turning, automation) within a Field Service capacity
- Hold an electrical / electronic qualification or to have completed an apprenticeship in electro mechanical engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Computer literate (knowledge of networking as an advantage)
- Experienced in servo drives – (e.g. Bosch or Siemens)
- Personality who enjoys problem solving in a fast-paced customer focused environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ideal location: within 45 mins commute of Wellesbourne
In return we can offer the following package:
- £35,000 - £40,000/year salary
- Based at Wellesbourne, Warwick HQ
- 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday (flexible)
- BUPA Healthcare scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Company bonus scheme
- Contributory pension up to 6%
- 25 days annual leave (rising with tenure)
- Best in industry training and career development opportunities
This job opportunity is ideally suited to an experienced CNC Service Engineer who lives within commuting distance of Wellesbourne or Warwick who is looking to get away from the long drives and stopovers that can come with the Field Service Engineer lifestyle and move to a more ‘off the tools’ position close to home.
If you feel as though you fit the above criteria and are ready for the challenge of joining a genuinely innovative market leading brand in the Wellesbourne / Warwick area then we would like to hear from you.
Please 'apply' now or for more information please contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.