- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Andy Leake
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446104
- Expiry Date: 14 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59793
Technical Specialist – Paint & Coatings
Lightweight engineering – polymer, composites, carbon fibre.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced, production-based paint application specialist to provide technical support to the wider business. A working knowledge of plastics and composite materials coating you will support process improvement, supplier and customer relationships and new product implementation within a leading player in lightweight engineering solutions. Based in Portsmouth
Roles and Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide a technical support function to the engineering and sales team.
- Liaise with customers on all aspects of paint technology including the control of the testing and validation phase for new painted products introduction.
- Liaise with the paint material suppliers (involving purchasing where required) on the technical specifications.
- Design / specify and oversee procurement / in-house manufacture of all paint application related equipment.
- Assist in the design of production layouts in line with industry standard 6S, Lean manufacturing and Health and Safety practices.
- Assist active stakeholders in the timely and cost-effective completion of new projects.
- Assist in the generation of process and testing documentation.
- Assist the paint team in the training of new personnel.
- Attend operational meetings to assist with potential issues and risks to supply.
- Provide a flexible first-line technical support function for existing paint processes.
- Apply industry standard problem solving and root cause analysis techniques.
- Work with the purchasing team in the procurement of the most suitable and cost-effective paint shop consumables.
- Work with the health and safety team to ensure the facilities and operating practices are industry compliant with all associated evidence and documentation in place.
- Assist the paint plant manager to promote the philosophy of 6S within each work area.
- Assist in auditing of paint processes on a regular basis to ensure compliance to customer and company quality requirements and Health and Safety legislation.
- Work cross-functionally in the research and development of new paint materials and application processes and equipment.
- Hold monthly/quarterly meetings with suppliers with support from purchasing department to ensure best products and prices are being achieved.
- Assist and lead design reviews for future projects and installations as per new paint installations.
- Attend customer site visits as required to support engineering and sales as required.
- Must be motivated to work independently, to own goals.
- Strong communication to lead and influence change on a consistent basis.
- Capability to develop and lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Effective time management.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.