£45.92 - 45.92 per hour
Title: Technical Skills, Capability and Training Manager
Contract Position based at: Gaydon and Whitley
Rate: up to £45.92/hr Ltd rate (up to £35.31/hr PAYE rate) - INSIDE IR35
This manager role sits in the Learning Academy and operates using an Agile methodology and mindset within the REFOCUS Capability and Technical Excellence transformation team. This role mentors and supports team members deployed across multiple solution "Squads" (Scrum teams) for the creation of new technical skills / learning solutions to deliver prioritised technical skill development for the transformation pillars and wider enterprise.
Solutions may be created in-house through applying existing knowledge or engagement with subject matter experts, and/or in conjunction with external providers. Success will depend on critical review and development of the skills held within the solution squads to enable the timely delivery of effective learning solutions, and hands on support to key projects as a squad member when specific experience in the learning development / design, techniques, methods, approaches and external provision is required for rapid decision making within the squad.
This will require a clear understanding of techniques and approaches which enable true capability growth for our employees across the enterprise and the development and tracking of relevant KPIs to measure progression and impact.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience of building technical learning solutions.
- Able to identify any additional resources and likely time required to reach a good solution.
- Understands the strengths, weakness, and complexity of different approaches and the steps required to deliver new learning solutions successfully.
- A clear awareness of the trends affecting the sector, and the impact this may have on technical skill requirements for the transformation pillars and the wider enterprise.
- Some experience of using learning management systems in an organisation of size
- Previous experience in a similar role with a proven track record of successful delivery with impact.
- Experience of working with external providers to deliver technical skills/learning solutions
- Significant experience of writing clear statements of work, identifying and supporting the selection of potential delivery partners.
- Experience of working with multiple stake holders at all levels to design, build and deploy effective technical skills / learning solutions which are cost effective and deliver results.
Personal Profile Essential :
- An individual who embraces the differences and unique abilities which everyone can bring, working together and empowering others to deliver
- Will take the initiative and sees failure as an opportunity to learn and grow
- An individual who builds trust wherever or whoever they are working with and is confident to speak the truth
- Results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- Effective leader, who demonstrates a growth mindset and can build this in others around them
- Resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding positively to rapidly changing priorities
- Strong set of experiences in an engineering / technical / digital discipline who also understands the wider trends affecting the sector.
- An effective leader and team player, who can identify clear learning outcomes, which are focussed and will make impact. Who is comfortable challenging to ensure real needs are identified and quantified, and who can guide on the appropriate format of solutions which could be deployed?
- Able to manage complexity in respect of the wide range of factors in creating and implementing success learning interventions through being able to balance conflicting demands of content, cost, learner availability, learner numbers, duration, geography, learner demographics etc.
- Able to develop relationships with key customers and can use their experience and personal style to ensure that high performance is maintained.
- Demonstrate the importance of promoting and adopting digital forms of delivery and knowledge transfer where appropriate to support a cultural shift away from face-to-face learning
- A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas to a range of audiences.
- Track record of developing technical skills solutions at different levels from novice through to expert.
- A good understanding of the third-party providers who can provide learning, their methods of working and typical cost profile.
- Applied experience of developing learning / technical skills solutions in areas such as quality / IT / technology / cyber/ data / agile
- Applied experience of developing learning solutions in areas such as HR / strategic workforce planning / business intelligent systems / data analytics
- Experience in building business plans and contracts for technical skills / learning requirements, evaluating their effectiveness and tracking the performance.
- Evidence of effective stakeholder engagement and change management to produce strong results.
- Experience of using JIRA / Confluence
A Degree or equivalent experience in an Engineering / Technical / Digital discipline
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.