£45k - 60k per year + car, autonomy, pension, circa £80k OTE
about 1 year ago
A leading global supplier of innovative material handling solutions. With more than 50,000 projects successfully delivered worldwide ranging from Goods Lifts, Car lifts, Lorry Lifts, Automated Car Park Solutions and Airport Logistic Systems.
With 70 years of engineering expertise, we support our clients around the globe from planning through manufacturing, commissioning and throughout the entire project and material management life-cycle. With over 1400 employees in 22 different locations around the world.
We set the global benchmark for efficiency and reliability.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager to join our Sales team specialising in high value, premium Vehicle and Goods Lifts across London and South East. Together, we deal with high value, bespoke and luxury Lifts, Cargo and Car Parking systems to a prestigious clientel. The main duties of the role are: -
- Liaise with target main contractors.
- Gain new tender opportunities from contractors.
- Read construction specifications and drawings to determine our offer.
- Liaise with internal departments and head office to gain technical and pricing information.
- Tender for projects at all stages of construction.
- Track projects from early stages (pre planning) to contract award (negotiation) stage
- Presentations to architects and consultants
- Meetings with lift and architects and M&E consultants to gain specifications
- Assist architects and consultants with budget costs, design information, drawings, traffic calculations and dimensions
- Negotiate projects to order stage (prices, spec and terms)
- Issue drawings, finishes information and technical clarification to contractors, architects, consultants and clients
- Gain sign off of design drawings and finish schedules with clients and contractors
- Internal handover process internally between sales and operations to follow
What we’re looking for from you:
- Technical/Engineering background preferably from a sector associated with construction
- Confident negotiator with excellent communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of working in construction
- Proven success in contract negotiations (terms & conditions)
- Experience of selling supply & install sub-contract packages or similar
- Communicate precisely both in writing and verbally
- Energetic, enthusiastic, hard-working and with good presentation skills
- Team worker who also has the initiative to work alone and create new business opportunities
- Existing network or experience within construction, automation, architect and FM industries
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety standards
- Computer literate
- Valid Passport; travel to EU may be required for training
- Current full clean driving license
- based in London or surrounding areas
What we can offer you:
- £45,000 - £55,000/year starting salary
- Excellent commission and bonus structure (1st year OTE c. £70k)
- Company car / allowance
- Total autonomy of own diary
- Employee benefits and assistance program
- Funded further education opportunities
- Career development pathways both in UK and abroad within a highly reputed multi-national company
This is a newly created Sales Manager position where we are looking for someone with experience in a market associated with buildings, construction and supply and install sales with a hunters approach to winning business and converting opportunities in a lucrative yet competitive Vehicle lifts sector across London and the South East.
If you are based in London or surrounding areas and are looking to take your career to the next level with a premium player in an incredibly lucrative and innovative market then we would love to hear from you.
If you have any questions, please ‘apply’ now contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.