Job Title: Technical Sales Manager
A global leadership opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. As Technical Sales Manager, you will play a global leadership role in the development of business growth objectives whilst developing customer valued solutions.
You will require an extensive understanding of off-highway diesel engines to be considered for this role.
Salary: £64,000 to £78,000 plus 31% STIP and car allowance, plus many other benefits that include (pension, share and stock options)
Industry: Off Highway Diesel Engines
Location: Peterborough, Seguin, Shanghai - Relocation within country may be available
What's the role?
- You will represent the company with customers, at internal and external conferences, university initiatives etc. to present topics on business, technologies and industry.
- You will develop collaborative relationships with, and be a trusted advisor to customers powertrain teams.
- You will work closely with sales managers to initiate and develop sales opportunities, your responsibility will be on delivering the Perkins Brand Value of superior technical collaboration to OEMs, to increase customer satisfaction.
- You will be an internal sponsor for key customer issues related to product, technology, strategy and quality and will use your influence to get these issues resolved.
- You will collaborate with peers using your industry knowledge to develop new design and/or technologies that will be seen as major advances in our competitive markets.
- Your decisions will influence warranties, patents, leveraging new technologies, sales and customer perception and will consider regional variances within our target markets.
- You will deliver state of the art design, development and research projects and ensure consistent proactive ways to advance technologies and conveying messages of value to your customers.
Skills, experience and qualifications you will have.
- Engineering or Technical related degree.
- Progressive engineering experience in multiple, highest regulated engine introduction cycles.
- Experience working within a large organisation, and a multi-disciplinary sales team.
- Able to develop and deliver a technical sales message for off highway diesel engines.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels of senior management
- Ability to engage with customers, understand customer needs and translate those needs into product and technical requirements.
- Strong understanding of off-highway diesel engines in the industrial sector.
- An understanding of the off-highway diesel engine competitor markets.
- Be able to identify individual customer needs and tailor a compelling message on product strategy, product features and company benefits, and present with impact.
- The ability to provide developmental training of colleagues and present at conferences and seminars.
Please contact James Tilley for more information.
Visa/Sponsorship is not available - Candidates must be permanently eligible to work within the country they are applying for.