Technical Sales Manager (Beverage Products)
In support of our UK based Client who designs, manufactures, installs, and supports effective industrial automation systems worldwide, reporting into the Head of Sales you will be responsible for the key account management of existing beverage product customers by proactively maintaining customer contact to sustain a consistent high level of customer service, whilst securing new opportunities. This can be a home based role.
You will actively grow the business identifying and developing relationships with new prospective beverage customers, maximising business opportunities through the offering of solutions provision using your technical knowledge and experience (own and colleagues) to provide customers with bespoke solutions.
- To establish, grow and market the sales proposition to both existing and new beverage customers ensuring that customer expectations are consistently met.
- Maximise profit through the effective sales proposition by driving customer satisfaction through an ethos of innovation, high quality, value and excellent customer service.
- To meet and exceed all individual and team sale objectives by developing concepts and solutions that match our existing and new customer requirements.
- Continually foster relationships to ensure that all technically and commercial solutions are achieved.
- Work with the customer and the business to evaluate engineering change requests, ensuring effective communications are understood by any internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain controls ensuring full responsibility throughout the full sales life cycle.
- Develop and maintain key relationships internally, specifically across the projects team to ensure that all solutions meet customer requirements.
- Full awareness of all associated risks ensuring that solutions are achievable both practically and within any financial and time constraints.
- The Technical Sales Manager (beverage) must be able to provide and offer guidance for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stage of the sales process.
- Maintain a significant level of knowledge of general engineering, automation solutions, management of projects and customer satisfaction.
- Provide and agree design and specification to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and ensure financial controls are established in line with budgetary requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of all target accounts, opportunities, quotes, project etc.
- To keep abreast of beverage sector developments identifying any future opportunities or threats.
- Undertake additional responsibilities and tasks as required.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to grow and establish key relationships.
- Able to obtain cooperation from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of converting solutions opportunities into sales within the beverage sectors.
- Strong organisational skills, time management and presentation skills with a professional business approach.
- Experience of working to tight deadline and meeting customer expectations
- Ability to negotiate confidently with sound commercial skills combined with the ability to understand market pricing.
- Exposure in dealing with multiple customers/suppliers.
- Possess a great understanding of engineering principles and automation solutions.
- Competent (and confident) in all technical aspects of mechanical engineering (ideally gained within a similar environment).
- Ability to manage several projects, with the ability to meet shifting priorities.
- AutoCAD competent design experience.
- Understanding of complex technical knowledge with the ability to present data to others to gain commitment and buy in.
- Commercially confident in costing projects ensuring margins are maintained.
- Show awareness and understanding of any cultural differences when dealing with global clients.
- Experience of working within a multi-skilled environment (i.e. knowledge of electrical and pneumatic components).
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical engineering drawings.
- Team-player and ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong IT knowledge, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to travel.
- Minimum HNC qualified in relevant electrical or mechanical engineering discipline
- Significant sales, project management and engineering experience
- UK driving license
If you feel you have the direct product sector awareness and technical experience, then please apply directly, or contact Matthew Heath (email@example.com). This role offers a competitive salary and package.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.