£50k - 55k per year + Car & bonus
Technical Sales Manager - Automation Systems
Renewable Energy & Automotive Markets
Home based - UK Wide
£50,000 to £55,000 p.a + car + bonus
In support of our UK based Client who designs, manufactures, installs, and supports effective industrial automation systems worldwide, reporting into the Head of Sales you will be responsible for the key account management of existing Renewable Energy & Automotive customers by proactively maintaining customer contact to sustain a consistent high level of customer service, whilst securing new opportunities.
You will actively grow the business identifying and developing relationships with new prospective Renewable Energy & Automotive customers, maximising business opportunities through the offering of solutions provision using your technical knowledge and experience (own and colleagues) to provide customers with bespoke solutions.
- To establish, grow and market the sales proposition to both existing and new Renewable Energy & Automotive customers.
- Maximise profit through the effective sales proposition by driving customer satisfaction.
- To meet and exceed all individual and team sale objectives by developing concepts and solutions.
- Continually foster relationships to ensure that all technically and commercial solutions are achieved.
- Work with the customer and the business to evaluate engineering change requests, ensuring effective communications are understood by any internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain key relationships internally, specifically across the projects team to ensure that all solutions meet customer requirements.
- The Technical Sales Manager (Renewable Energy & Automotive) must be able to provide and offer guidance for all technical issues.
- Maintain a significant level of knowledge of general engineering, automation solutions, management of projects and customer satisfaction.
- Provide and agree design and specification to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to grow and establish key relationships.
- Able to obtain cooperation from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of converting solutions opportunities into sales within the Renewable Energy markets.
- Strong organisational skills, time management and presentation skills with a professional business approach.
- Experience of working to tight deadline and meeting customer expectations
- Ability to negotiate confidently with sound commercial skills combined with the ability to understand market pricing.
- Exposure in dealing with multiple customers/suppliers.
- Possess a great understanding of engineering principles and automation solutions.
- Competent (and confident) in all technical aspects of mechanical engineering (ideally gained within a similar environment).
- AutoCAD competent design experience.
- Experience of working within a multi-skilled environment (i.e. knowledge of electrical and pneumatic components).
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical engineering drawings.
- Minimum HNC qualified in relevant electrical or mechanical engineering discipline
- Significant sales, project management and engineering experience
- UK driving license
If you feel you have the direct product sector awareness and technical experience, then please apply directly, or contact Oliver Smith (Oliver.Smith@jonlee.co.uk). This role offers a competitive salary and package.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.