Technical Sales Manager
We are looking for a Technical Sales Manager for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. The Technical Sales Manager will deliver third party revenue through the existing customer base and develop new markets for the 3 North Midlands main engineering depots, involved in the repair, maintenance and overhaul of wagons, locomotives and related plant and equipment. They will also carry out market research and gain business intelligence to enable identification of new customers and market sectors. They will cover the whole of the UK but be based in the North Midlands.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify and define a service portfolio for both the railway and related industries.
- Develop business cases and Capex papers.
- Align with finance for cost model and pricing.
- Generate a sales and marketing plan.
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms as required and in line with company guidelines
- Rapidly convert business enquiries and opportunities into formal contract proposals and signed contracts.
- Experience in a Sales/BD environment, preferably selling similar products and services into the Rolling Stock / Rail sector
- Ability to prepare and present business documentation, quotations and proposals
- Good price negotiation skills
- Previous sales experience in an engineering environment.
- Previous technical railway experience is an advantage
- Able to demonstrate success managing major accounts, large contracts and achieving genuine sales development
- Strong IT & numeracy skills
- A full driving license (essential)
- Salary is dependent on skills and experience
- Company Car provided
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192