Technical Sales Manager
High precision engineering equipment
To cover South West and South Wales
£40,000 basic, uncapped earning potential, OTE £80-90,000
Fully Expensed car, pension, 25 days holiday
This well-established, global manufacturing business Intelligence helps industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow.
As a leading metrology and manufacturing solution specialist, their expertise is in sensing, thinking and acting. Their precision measuring equipment collects, analyses the active use of measurement data - which helps their customers increase production speed and accelerate productivity while enhancing product quality.
The business is at the cutting edge of laser scanners and potable measuring equipment which is used across several sectors including automotive and general engineering.
To the continued growth and success of the business they have asked us to recruit for an exceptional Technical Sales Manager to drive growth in the South West and South Wales region.
We are looking to speak to engineers who have moved into a commercial sales or business development role and are adapt at developing business and "closing the deal"
You will have excellent b2b sales skills, a strong understanding of engineering principles and perhaps knowledge of precision and high-quality engineering and manufacturing.
As Technical Sales Manager you will:
- To develop and deliver a successful sales strategy to achieve the annually agreed growth plan for the portable measuring equipment sector
- Create business in new accounts and emerging UK market segments.
- Leverage sales through many established customers
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with other members of the Hexagon organization to support their goals.
- Highly self-motivated and inquisitive individual with the ability to work independently as well as within teams.
- Highly confident with strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to create and develop lasting relationships with both customers and colleagues.
- An engineering biased background with a medium to high level relevant qualification.
- An engineering-based field sales role with demonstrable successful track record.
- Field based role where travel within the defined region is required, including overnight stays where necessary.
The sales cycle is short on the equipment, typical 1-3 months and although they are high precision pieces of kit, they are portable making installation and commission straight forward compared to other major CAPEX equipment.
This is an excellent role for a commercial facing engineer who likes the variety in sectors he or she will be working with. Please apply for further information and potential conversation.