- Sector: Additive Manufacturing
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Andy Leake
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446104
- Expiry Date: 15 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59802
Technical Sales Manager - Home Based (Southwest England)
A high-profile Technical Sales Manager required for a global leader in the design and manufacturer of long-lasting, customized materials - adhesives, technical films, glues, and chemical products.
Reporting to the VP Sales North Europe you will be able to develop the client's position as a leading supplier to the Aerospace, Defence, and similar high-tech industries; within a defined geographical territory and/or market sector. The role will home-based and require external sales visits and marketing events, with frequent trips to the company's facilities in the UK and France. Territory coverage SW England, Dorset, Oxfordshire, South Wales.
Role and Responsibilities
- To achieve or exceed sales targets using sales and account management techniques in line with the company's strategy.
- To provide consultancy to customers on the correct product selection and use, to enhance the customer's process for mutual advantage.
- To increase market penetration and market share.
- To achieve sales targets set by and agreed with the VP Sales.
- To support and ensure continuity of business with customers through recognised
account management techniques.
- To develop a time management programme and journey plan ensuring that
customers are regularly visited at a frequency related to their expenditure and needs.
- To technically support the use of client products at the customer.
- To fully understand and have expertise in the use of non-metallic materials in industry
and the related specifications and environmental legislation. To use this knowledge to
develop the client's business in the marketplace.
- To develop and maintain an accurate market profile and records of key customers,
contacts and specifications.
- To get to know key contacts in the customer base, meet them regularly and be
recognised as a competent and knowledgeable consultant.
- To prepare proposals, quotes and offers to customers as required.
- To prepare and make formal presentations of the company's products and services to
customers and to secure new markets and orders as a result.
- Contribute to the activities and success of the company.
- Work with the customer services department and the Operations manager to ensure the best and unrivalled levels of service, quality, and value to its customers.
- Maintain a library of technical and commercial data necessary to support the application
of products at the customer.
Skills and Experience:
- Graduate or similar relevant qualification.
- Knowledge of coatings and non-metallic materials technology and aerospace
manufacturing techniques and requirements.
- Knowledge of specifications and regulations that affect the industry.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Motivated and methodical, good team-working skills.
- Self-starter, used to working unsupervised.
- Competitive and with a will to overcome objections and succeed.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.