Technical Sales Engineer
Vehicle Testing Solutions
The purpose of the role is to understand in detail the technical aspects of the company portfolio, supporting and presenting this to clients and preparing the most appropriate costed technical quotations to meet the customer's requirements.
The duties of the Technical Sales Engineer:
- To produce technical solutions and priced quotations in response to customer requirements. This includes providing table top drawings, sales literature and make presentations which are required to support the bidding process.
- To develop and maintain a level of technical expertise in the company test systems and products.
- To create quotations and to make presentations to support the sales process, using internal systems and Salesforce.
- To comply with all Quality Assurance and Environmental Protection procedures pertinent to the proposed solution.
- To develop and maintain harmonious relations with colleagues in the business along with potential, past and present customers.
- To travel from time to time to customer sites as is reasonably required to achieve targets.
Experience required for the Technical Sales Engineer:
- Demonstrated experience working in a Technical Sales role in the automotive or allied industries.
- Technical experience and knowledge of rotating machinery or vehicle powertrain field.
- Automotive, Electrical or Mechanical background is essential
- A high-level of negotiation and presentation abilities along with good I.T skills.
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND.
- A team player with commitment, flexibility and self-motivation.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and generally IT literate.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details. However, should you wish to discuss your application in the meantime, please contact Justin Wainwright on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281