Technical Sales Engineer
Industry/Sector: Manufacturing and Engineering
A Technical Sales Engineer is required for an engineering materials handling manufacturer. We are looking for an extremely motivated, highly energised individual who is experienced in reviewing customer applications on-site and presenting a pragmatic technical solution confidently. This Technical Sales Engineer role is suitable for candidates who are experienced in reviewing customer applications and discussing solutions clearly showing technical knowledge.
As a Technical Sales Engineer you will be required to:
- Work with the client to create an engineering specification and concept design.
- Liaise internally with the CAD Design Engineer.
- Be commercially aware and focused with business development, account management and relationship building.
- You are expected to be aware of and report on business levels, competitor activities and new industry developments.
- Candidates need to understand and be able to operate in both direct and indirect routes to market.
- Candidates must be capable of presenting technical products to a range of customer groups.
The Technical Sales Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Communicate at a technical level to all stakeholders
- Identify and discuss in detail customer requirements
- Select most appropriate products which match the specific requirement of the customer
- Present proposals confidently which will include product demonstrations
- Overcome objections and win business
- Be commercially aware and focused with business development, account management and relationship building
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of material handling equipment with sales and engineering experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Technical Sales Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .