£Comp + Bens
Application Engineer - Power Management
£Competitive plus benefits
An Application Engineer is required to be a key contact for new and existing customers, responding to enquiries, utilising a consultative approach alongside the internal sales team for the supply of power management components to the automotive industry. Candidates with proven technical understanding of EV platforms, including e-motor, power electronics and AC / DC power conversion theory would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this client, a leading supplier of power management components within the transportation sector, based in Aylesbury, requires a proactive Application Engineer to generate technical sales proposals/pricing/quotations and progressing these to purchase orders, liaising with other members of staff as appropriate and to ensure that clients' technical are fully met in a timely manner. As an Application Engineer you will be required to:
- Create and execute strategic business development plans targeted towards identifying and closing key customer engagements
- Discuss, understand and accurately interpret customers/potential customers' technical requirements
- Manage customer requirements that demonstrate project compliance to initial requirements
- Work with design teams to agree and capture technical requirements that the design / application needs to meet
The Application Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or technological discipline
- Broad range of electronic design experience, including both analogue and digital
- Power electronics knowledge would be useful
- Experience working in the automotive sector would be beneficial
- Hands on experience of working with LV and HV electrical and electronic systems
- Experience of designing complex system requirements, ideally as it relates to motor/vehicle control, automotive applications, timing techniques, control algorithm design and simulation
- Can-Bus and J1939 knowledge would be beneficial
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with excellent commercial and technical skills within the power electronics sector to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Aylesbury based company will offer you:
- Company Car
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an Application Engineer or Power Electronics Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Application Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.