£30k - 35k per year + car + bonus
Technical Sales Engineer (External) - Home based - Covering South UK
£30,000 to £35,000 + car + bonus
Ideal candidate location: Anywhere South of Cambridgeshire - you will be covering the South of the UK, Oxfordshire southwards as far as Devon.
Oxford, Reading, Southampton, Portsmouth, Brighton, London, Bristol, Bath, Devon, Kent.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven engineer looking to progress their career into sales.
You will be expected to manage a portfolio of key accounts, ensuring they are given a first class service as well as efficiently dealing with general day-to-day sales tasks.
Key Responsibilities for the Technical Sales Engineer
- Arrange meetings with new and existing customers.
- Manage a portfolio of key accounts to hit and exceed specified targets
- Chase quotations to win orders and if the order isn't placed ascertain why
- Negotiates with customers, suppliers and colleagues at all levels
- Resolve any queries or problems as speedily as possible
- Keep your line manager and colleagues aware of anything major in the pipeline, good or bad including competitor strategy
- Develop customer call plans
- Manage a geographical territory to meet & exceed specified targets
Key Skills and Competences required
- Education: HNC/HND/BSc (desirable)
- Hands on engineering experience looking to progress your career into sales is essential
- Knowledge of injection moulding or similar processes is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Numerical and budgeting skills
- IT skills including CRM, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook and Word
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are interested in the Technical Sales Engineer (External) position covering the south of the UK please click on the link to apply, alternatively contact Oliver Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.