Technical Sales Engineer
Permanent position – Midlands – Coventry, Warwick and Gaydon.
Automotive Component Manufacturing
Salary negotiable + excellent benefits.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Sales Engineer to develop new products and support a very well-established and knowledgeable team.
Our customer has 150 years of experience of product innovation and manufacturing and is an international expert in automotive fastening and assembly solutions. Due to an expansion of business opportunities within OEM and Tier clients, they urgently require a Technical Sales Engineer on a permanent staff basis.
As the Technical Sales Engineer, you will be required to:
- Manage and develop relationships with decision makers within the targeted automotive customer base (OEM’s; FSP’s; Tiers; Distributors).
- To provide fastener and assembly solution support at the relevant OEM manufacturing locations. This will include support for cost reduction investigations, line walks and new product launches.
- To identify fastening and assembly requirements and to develop either appropriate new products (plastic, spring steel and assemblies), or sell products from the existing standard range.
- To develop and strengthen relationships with UK based development offices, reporting information to the UK team and the company network where necessary.
- To be fully aware of automotive technical requirements and assembly methods used by OEM’s and associated Tiers and focus on product innovation and development.
- To provide the UK Managing Director with accurate estimates of products on existing vehicles and of future projected product usage for inclusion in the Company’s business development plan.
The Technical Sales Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- A demonstrated career history of working in the automotive manufacturing sector with a good understanding of car assembly, plastic injection moulding, trim, harnessing, guides or electrical parts.
- Someone working in automotive engineering, technical sales or a development role would suit this post.
- An understanding of injection moulding, spring steel metal stamping and bending capabilities would be beneficial.
- The ability to work from home and regularly visit customer sites within the Midlands and in Europe when required.
- Ideally qualified to Degree level in a technical discipline backed up with industry experience.
- Excellent communication and customer development skills is essential along with structured and organised working methods.
This role has an attractive salary and benefits package for an experienced and suitably qualified Technical Sales Engineer.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Technical Sales Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.