£Comp + Bens
12 months ago
Technical Sales Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
A Technical Sales Engineer is required to establish, maintain and manage a strong working relationship with new and existing automotive customers. Candidates with experience of co-ordinating engineering, manufacturing and purchasing involvement in customer projects would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, an award-winning transmission technology specialist based in Thatcham, requires a proactive Technical Sales Engineer to support the rapid growth of the business and strengthen the busy commercial department. As a Technical Sales Engineer you will be required to:
- Proactively pursue the generation of leads and subsequent quotations in assigned customers, both for core and complementary products
- Provide quotations and proposals in a timely manner
- Provide relevant commercial input into the creation and maintenance of project plans
- Detailed monitoring of project progress, including:
- Management of Cost (in conjunction with Cost Engineer) and margins against established businesses cases (where applicable) and ensure prompt delivery of quotations, orders and invoicing
- Quality - Project specification, ensuring what was ordered is delivered
- Timing - Ensuring project activities are completed in adherence to the project timing plan and customer schedules are achieved
- Project progress reporting, both internal and external
The Technical Sales Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Studied either automotive or mechanical engineering either through an apprenticeship or at degree level
- Experience within motorsport, automotive or mechanical engineering
- Strong customer management and project management experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is essential along with knowledge of business operating systems such as ERP/MRP
- Proficiency in written and spoken French, German or Italian would be desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with an engineering and commercial background to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Thatcham based transmission technology specialist will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Technical Sales Engineer within motorsport, automotive or mechanical engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Technical Sales Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.