Title: Technical Sales
Salary: Competitive + Bonus Scheme + Benefits Package
- We are currently recruiting for a Technical Salesperson for our client at their site in Crawley, the primary objective of the role is to provide front sales representation and technical sales support. The role will combine a customer facing external sales function with back-office activities to develop and manage enquiries for specific product areas.
- A secondary function will be to act as deputy and provide support for local contract management of projects during busy periods and periods of absence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation and negotiation of sales proposals according to company rules and procedures.
- Coordination with customers and service team to provide support and proposals for maintenance hardware requirements.
- Support for sales team by provision of high quality, timely response to any enquiries generated
- Liaison with key suppliers with respect to pricing and delivery lead times etc.
- Contract review and management of projects (as required) from bid stage through purchase order to final delivery, including contractual communications with customers (internal and external) in compliance with quality manual.
- Input and maintenance of records on project tracking and customer relationship management software as required.
- Contribution to sales meetings.
- Personal management of priorities and workload.
- Provide reports on customer satisfaction on a routine basis according to companies quality procedures.
- Acting deputy to Contracts Manager – requires understanding of:
- Logistics and shipping
- Preparation of drawings
- Project documentation
- Invoicing and accounts procedures
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Technical education in an engineering discipline
- Awareness of commercial systems and procedures including terms of contract, logistics and documentation.
- Experience in technical sales role
- Familiarity with use of customer relationship management systems
- Demonstrated effectiveness in interpersonal relations, especially as required in working with employees and demonstrating patience, diplomacy and maturity in responding to questions and resolving problems/issues that arise.
- Respect for the protection of confidential and/or sensitive personal information is critical.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers, including word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation software, and database applications.
- Some experience within the process engineering industries and relevant industry standards would be beneficial.
- Appropriate training will be provided in company products, technology and procedures.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.